Search This Blog

Thursday 22 October 2015

Protection from Accidents - Testimony

Couple of very simple little testimonies of how God in His mercy protected us from unanticipated harm...

It was a cold windy Sunday afternoon day in Delhi.  I and my friend had gone to the market in South Extension to buy some provisions that afternoon.  We did not realize that the weather was wild outside as the wind struck with greater fury some minutes later.  The market looked deserted due to the wind storm that arrived out of a whirlwind dust storm and hit certain parts of the city.  The dust storm arose ferociously ravaging anything in its pathway.  The chaiwalla (tea man) selling tea under a huge umbrella-like tree had a nasty surprise when his tea pan went flying off and his stove overturned.

I and my friend ran for refuge in front of an empty-looking shop, wiping away dust from our eyes and we could barely see, red-eyed and sore, a little frightened because we never saw such a furious dust storm.  We watched in horror as frying pans and objects flew around, with dust swirling in circles angrily.  As I kept watching, I was suddenly subconsciously stepped forward not knowing why I did that.  The very next moment, the shop steel shutter came crashing down on the exact spot that I had been standing a moment ago!  Had I still been there, well!  I would not have survived.  The shop steel shutter (which is used to close the shop when it is closed) was sharp and slicing.  I was numbed for a while and slowly realized that my life was saved.  I was filled with awe for God who protected me at that time. (Just to mention, my friend had been standing near the shop pillar and was quite safe there).

Another Incident
A few years ago, recently, my husband, children and I were driving from Coonoor (hills with tea gardens) back to Bangalore.  The mountainous road was winding and steep and a thick mist blanketed the narrow road of sharp precipices.  The mist turned into a fog, and we could barely see in front of us, so bad that the mountain road was not even discernible!  Each turn in that road was like agony and we were not sure when we would fly off the road and go crashing down into the mountains!  I just remember praying and praying until a calm surrounded our situation.  

When we finally reached the bottom of the mountains and entered into the plains, it was a beautiful glorious moment to know our prayers were answered and all was well!  

  I need to add that we always pray for protection when we start off on a journey in the car because we see many accidents and deaths while traveling as well, so now it is a habit to pray for protection on any travel.

I believe that we have angels watching over us.  We cannot imagine what accidents, mishaps and disasters we are saved from each day.  God keeps us safe and alive for a purpose.  He has a plan and that is why we have special protection.  No evil can befall them who trust Him.  We can claim our promises of protection from God.  Psalm 91:10  No harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. And He will indeed send His protection over our lives."


When we commit our day to the Lord and pray for protection specifically, we do get delivered from from evil, harm and danger.



Psalm 34:7:  The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him, and He delivers them.

Rita Farhat Kurian

No comments:

Post a Comment