Search This Blog

Saturday 31 October 2015

Shadow Of Wings of Protection - Testimony


Jesus is our protector.  He protects us over and over again from evil situations.

Protection in Jungle Road:
When I was a little girl, my dad would often drive from town to another in his jeep.  We often drove passed wild forests and I remember many journeys through these forest roads in the night.   The stories of wild animals tearing villagers to pieces were very common and more common were the horror stories of elephants trampling people to "flat chapattis" (flat kind of unleavened wheat).  Wild elephants in India are known to come into villages on an attacking spree killing many villagers.  One afternoon, as my dad was driving through a forest road, a huge elephant stood in front of the road, staring at us.  He did not look friendly and seemed in the motions of wanting to attack.  We sat quietly in the jeep, silently praying, after a while a few more vehicles stopped behind us until finally a long line of vehicles queued behind us waiting .  We were all told to keep silent or if agitated, the noise would aggravate the elephant and he would definitely charge and we were the first in line.  After a very long debate within the elephant's mind, he decided to walk back into the forest!  It was clear that the prayers protected us.  The elephant was in an attacking, defensive mode, and such killings were very common, so today, I recall it was a protection from God because of our silent prayers.  Psalm 121:7 The LORD will keep you from all harm- He will watch over your life."

Protection During Activists Movement:
In Darjeeling, with the uprising of the Gorkha movement as the Gorkhas wanted a separate state away from West Bengal, the times were not safe.  Many were killed during that movement.  Sometimes, we heard gunshots in the night by the border security forces who were stationed in Darjeeling during that time, and we were afraid to find out who would be killed when we would hear the news in the morning.  Oftentimes, as I went up the hill to college, me and my friend would be threatened with knives to return back home as they wanted curfew and we had no idea it was a curfew sometimes.  No one was seen on the roads after 5 pm.  People were afraid to say anything because they did not know how their words would turn against them, even to death.  We lived in fear for our lives.  During that season, Psalm 91 became real to me, it became my comfort, my strength and my shield.  As I would recite Psalm 91 aloud, I would feel a calm surrounding me and peace descend and a supernatural protection surrounding me and my family.  Psalm 91:7  “A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you." 

Today, with the rise of terrorism to a degree the world has never seen, as believers of Jesus Christ, we can take these verses and pray them over our lives.  God is our protector, He will shield us with the promises of His Word.  The Word of God is life.  It is alive!  We do not need to be afraid of evil or terror when we have the shield of prayer surrounding us.

Protection From Accident:
A few years ago, recently, my husband, two young sons and I were driving back home late in the night.  We were tired and well, my husband was sleepy.  Usually on those late night drives, when he is sleepy, he pulls over and dozes off a while.  However, I do not know what happened that night, but as he was driving along the highway on the forested way back to Hosur, and nearly falling asleep, he suddenly braked.  It was a reflex action and he did not know why he did that, but he had nearly crashed into the side of the road!  The next instant a car raced on in front of him, we don't know how it happened, but as he braked suddenly, we all jerked and awoke from a zone of sleepiness with a shock.  He told me he braked and he did not know why, in his half sleep.  This was no reflex action.  Psalm 91:10  No harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. And He will indeed send His protection over our lives.

Protection From Angry People!
Yes! Angry people!.  Sometimes we have an onslaught from an angry person and it can be painfully hurtful and shock you out of your senses.  I have learned practicing the presence of Jesus is the most powerful way to live our lives on Earth.  This means, talking to Him and listening, listening, listening!  In His presence, even unkind people start to become nice.  Even enemies turn friends. This is an amazing highway which protects our lives, our homes, our families, our children and our relationships.

Over and over again, when someone is angry with me or just plain angry all the time, I start talking to Jesus during the situation, and suddenly something snaps in the atmosphere, the person's eyes seem to clear and they calm down, suddenly silent, or start speaking normally again.  I believe that when we commune with the Lord, we are abiding in Him, and His presence starts to change our situations in our lives.  Those times, I do not even pray, I abide, and I see miracles!  John 15:5:  I am the vine, ye are the branches.  He that abideth in Me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit."

His Presence of Protection In Salvation:
I went through a black phase in my life.  I later went to Calcutta.  In November 1992, one evening I was sitting in my sister's corner room and I picked up a Bible.  I read the Gospels,  I was suddenly struck by the love Jesus had for people, the forgiveness.  I always thought I was a relatively good person who could  never harm anyone but that night as I read the Bible, I suddenly saw for the very first time in my life I was a sinner, wretched and how much I had hurt the Lord by turning away and I wept tears of repentance.  I then had the most amazing experience I ever had in my entire life.  I felt a power, like supernatural Love wrap me up like a blanket.  I was in the midst of this very powerful force, Love, it was not my love.  It was not human love. I was immersed in this cloud of Love for two weeks. After that I was filled with a love for people I knew was not mine. I felt I was walking in Heaven.  I could forgive people who had harmed me, and that was not natural forgiveness.  I was allowed to experience this wonderful presence of Love, which I believe was the Presence of God with a pure love for people, and such joy that I felt I was in heaven. It was a very different power, unlike the presence in the cave in Katra, which was cold and frightening.  This Presence of Love left me after two weeks when I started worrying again about things, like what should I do, where should I work.....The presence of His Love is stronger than any power on Earth, and may we meet with that Love when we meet with Him.  In Christ, when we know Him, we have our greatest protection on Earth.  Nothing can compare to His presence of protection in our lives!  Jesus presence protects and saves us from many troubles.  We get special authority over evil in Jesus name, as I will share below....

Protection From Hexes and Attacks:
People putting hexes on others or even black magic is prevalent in our land and quite common.  In my early days of knowing Christ, I was temporarily staying in a hostel for a season in Calcutta.  One evening, as I came to my room, which was shared with a few other girls, I noticed a couple of girls were busy doing some sort of ritual on the veranda.  I have no idea what it was. As I was about to sleep that night, the word "evil" flashed through my brain and suddenly I was suffocated with a blackness I had never seen before.  I felt myself being dragged, dragged down far below.  I was struggling to speak and struggling to move!  I started trying to pray in my mind "God is great, God please help me, God who created the Heavens glory be to You!"  Nothing happened and the attack continued, feeling myself suffocated and sliding down, very down, it was a "soul slide."  Finally after a long time I struggled to say "In Jesus name, go!"  Instantly that thing left me!  In the early dawn, I saw a black crescent moon hanging in the air.  I understood that the channel of attack had been through that.  It then faded away.  I learned there is power in Jesus name when we take our authority and rebuke evil telling it to leave in Jesus name, it has to leave!

We have nothing to fear when Jesus is here!  We rise under His wings of protection!

Rita Farhat Kurian
_______________________________________________________________________
Email Us For Prayer!
You can send E-mail for prayer requests and also urgent prayer and will pass this on to the prayer group in Siliguri of Elder Richard Tamang's so do send in your prayer requests! We will all pray!


Email: ritafarhatkurian@gmail.com




Only God is the true  converter of a human soul.  No human can convert anyone.  It is God's Spirit to a human's spirit that converts.

No comments:

Post a Comment