Search This Blog

Sunday 11 October 2015

Song In The Night - Poem


I trudged up a steep hill
With a burden on my back
Dark clouds hung around me
And lightening did crack
A distant thunder growled in the black sky
I started to panic and in fear I did cry

Then a voice pierced my heart

Saying, “You have to do something on your part
Look up and smile, and sing a new song
Keep singing to Me
And your soul will grow strong !”
How difficult it is to sing in such thick heavy gloom
With pain and great struggle
I sang in deep doom
And the darkness did eerily loom
Then slowly I looked up and sang new songs


But still I muttered and murmured, “Lord ! How long?”

Then slowly as time ticked its way
I saw from the sky, a Heavenly Golden Ray
The gloom slowly began to fade away
Like a dream in the night
In joy, I saw I was encased in Heavenly Light
And my song lifted to the Heavens
In power and might !!!
My darkness turned to light
I found joy and victory
In my darkest night!

Habakkuk 1:2:  How long, O LORD, must I call for help? 
Psalm 32: 7:  You are my hiding place;You will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance

© Rita Farhat Kurian


\Email Us For Prayer!
You can send E-mail for prayer requests and also urgent prayer and will pass this on to the prayer group in Siliguri of Elder Richard Tamang's so do send in your prayer requests! We will all pray!


Email: ritafarhatkurian@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment