Search This Blog

Friday 30 October 2015

How Great Is Your Love - Imtipokyim - True Story

O How He Loves Us!

From a troubled teen, to knowing Christ, God started to change his life.


 Imtipokyim

My Early Days
When I was born, my mother was very weak and in danger of losing her life.  While my dad was pacing around anxiously, the doctor gave my dad a choice, "Your wife or the baby, make a choice."  My dad obviously very worried about my mother chose my mother to live and I do not blame him.  I have thought many times if I was in his place, I would have done the same.  Through the grace of God, however, I did not die as expected as I too was very weak when I was born on that rainy day in monsoon, the 4th of July in Kohima, Nagaland.  I had an elder brother at that time when I was born.  The next year, on my birthday, when I was one-year-old, my mother, who was very ill, sadly, passed away.  Perhaps God kept her alive for that one year to take care of me and took her away.  My grandparents took care of me and my brother after that.

I was five years old when I was sent to a boarding school in Dimapur, Nagaland.  Soon after, I had a new step mom.  We as a family were not close to the Lord.  We were a broken home with a lot of tension and unrest in the home.  Over time, I had two new step brothers and a step sister, in total there were five of us.   I was often confused and soon became an angry little boy, lonely and hurt.  I took comfort in nature sometimes.  I remember a little stream near our house, rolling green hills of Kohima and tall trees surrounding our home.  The hills looked a glorious sight in the night, glittering with tiny lights and the clean fresh cool air always refreshed me, while I even saw fire flies dancing around in the jungle areas and sparkling stars in a clear dark sky at night.

Guns and Goons 
Soon, as a young boy, I got into the "bad stuff."  I had young uncles who took me along with them and taught me how to drink wine.  Eventually I started drinking wine regularly, which got worse and worse. Later, in Nagaland, I got to associate with some people who introduced me to guns.  I soon learned how to shoot guns well.  I got into many fights with guys twice my size and got bashed up badly many times, but that did not stop me.  I wanted to join the mafia and be the don and fight for the good of the society due to the corruption in society!  All intentions were good, but everything in my life was a big mess during those early teenage years.  I am very grateful to God that He saved me from committing mega crimes and protected me from going to jail for even at one time, I out of great fury, thought of killing my parents.  I just stopped in time, I know now today God stopped me because at that time, I had access to guns and bullets and I would have killed or fought more because I had a lot of anger and unrest raging inside me at that time.

Great Unfathomable Love!
When I was 18 years old, I used to go for tuition to a place where I go just below public ground, called Nepali ground in Kohima.  There were some girls attending the tuition who were my friends.  As I was mischievous, I enjoyed disturbing them just for kicks, and when they were studying, I would distract so they would not be able to study.  That  summer, there was a big healing crusade held in Kohima by Cross Wonder Church, an inter-denominational church.  This was going to be held for three nights.  Some of these girls who were my friends were leading the worship in the crusade.  I decided it would be fun just to go to the crusade and distract them while they were singing.  So, I went.  The crusade started.  The speaker was powerful and the Word of God was convicting, but I did not give myself to God, nor was I convicted.  The second night was the same and I was basically untouched.  On the third night of the crusade, the powerful preacher was speaking about the Love of God and I was suddenly hit with a deep conviction of my sins. I immediately felt the Love of God and His overpowering mighty presence.  This was an amazingly new experience for me and I broke down, ran to the altar, knelt down, deeply aware of my state of sinfulness overwhelmed under the power of conviction.  The wonderful supernatural Love of Jesus was powerful!  Such love is beyond human words and understanding!.  I with my whole soul sang along the song that was being sung by the worship team:

I stand amazed in the presence
Of Jesus the Nazarene
And wonder how He could love me
A sinner condemned, unclean.

How marvelous!
How wonderful!
And my song shall ever be
 How marvelous!
How wonderful!
Is my Savior’s love for me!

I felt that God's love was so marvelous.  I felt overwhelmed that I was not even fit to be put in a dustbin, but He loved me!  I felt forgiven and deeply loved by God.  I was a new person inside now, clean and forgiven.  Some miraculous changes happened after that night.  I gave up drinking alcohol instantly even though I had been addicted to drinking.  I found I could no longer relate to old thoughts and old friends.  It was like a new person was inside me.  It was amazing! One struggle I did have occasionally sometimes was anger.  I was not always angry, but if I did get angry, it would be with fire and fury and I found that I needed a gun or a knife in my hand at that time.  In this struggle, I would go to a friend whom I would trust and ask for prayer for me and their prayers helped me.

My family did not understand my salvation, because I was the first to be born-again in my family and my faith and love for God irritated them.  They would even scold me for going to church.  I had to sneak out to go to church. I did struggle asking God "Why does it have to be so hard just to get close to You?

The Call
For the first year of my born-again experience, I had no close friends and my greatest friend was God, and I had good fellowship with Him.  Cross Wonder Church built my faith on a rock.  One night, the pastor was preaching from Matthew 9: 37:  Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; 38 therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest. This verse convicted me of God’s calling to serve in His field, and that night I committed myself to serve the Lord.

When I told my dad I wanted to go to Bible College, he was not pleased and responded negatively that he would not support me if I went because of his poor financial position.  So, by faith, through the grace of God, I managed to go without his help. My church, Cross Wonder Church showed up to sponsor me right when I needed help. After class 12, I went to Kohima Bible College, complete B.Th.  I am now doing my masters in theology at Evangelical Theological Seminary of Asian Christian Academy, Tamil Nadu.

God gave me a special love and burden for children.  I believe children are precious and deserve to be loved.  This is possibly because as a child, I was depressed many times and felt neglected and forsaken.  Right after my born again experience, I started working with children in Cross Wonder Church, Kohima.  At that time, I was in class 11, around 18 years old.

When I finish Bible College, I would like to go back to Kohima and help the church with the youth and children.  I am praying to start a ministry for children, especially lonely, rejected children even if they have parents as sometimes parents can be too busy to have time for their children.  God has brought in my life an amazing girl (I call her Eva) who has the same vision and heart for children, and we are praying to be married and serve the Lord together.

The wonderful miracles continue.  My parents are no longer the same.  My step mom gave her life to Jesus after I was saved and she loves me like her own son.  Her love for me is more than ever.  My dad gave up alcohol, and he has accepted Christ and he has changed.  At first when I wanted to go to Bible College, he vehemently disliked the idea and was angry with me for my choice, and I went without his support.  He later visited me in Kohima Bible College in the 3rd year.  He left with tears in his eyes.  Now he supports me for my master’s degree in Bible College in ACA.  He encourages me to for ministry, and to church.  We are still learning and climbing uphill, we may stumble sometimes, but now we are learning together, holding hands, which is a marvelous miracle.  I can only say, "Jesus is amazing.  His grace is overwhelming."

The love of Jesus and His gift of eternal life is the reason for Christmas...My experience of that amazing love is what Jesus wants to offer us with the gift of eternal life when we believe in Him...



 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Imtipokyim


About Imti Imti has a wonderful gift with children and draws children to him like a magnet and all the children love him.  He has a special anointing on his life and is a very gifted and caring person.  When he leads the worship service, there is clearly a blessing on the worship and people can see the hand of God on his life and God is using him in marvelous ways.  He is presently studying his masters in theology at Evangelical Theological Seminary of Asian Christian Academy, Tamil Nadu, in 2015.


Only God is the true  converter of a human soul.  No human can convert anyone.  It is God's Spirit to a human's spirit that converts.

No comments:

Post a Comment