Search This Blog

Saturday 24 September 2016

The Specific Instruction - Devotional: Silver Rain. September 24, 2016



Years ago, on a very hot sunny sultry Sunday, Nishat did not want to go church even though she was dressed for it.  She reasoned with herself, "No need to go. I have my own good devotional books and reading material. I can stay here and pray on my own."

She knelt down and prayed about it for a minute and got a reply so clear and direct that she felt a tingle go down her spine,"Go to the temple of the Living God and worship Me there." She realized immediately that it was from God since she had never used the word Temple for church ever nor had she heard anyone else use it.

 Hence she went that Sunday and was excited about it. A day or so later, she got a verse from Revelation 3:12 King James Version  
12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. 

 She was deeply blessed from going to the church that Sunday.  From then on, she started receiving spiritual strength and blessings from that church.

She could testify that against all odds that God's hand of grace and favor was upon her.  She even took water baptism late in life in her 80s, in the river in Siliguri!  She has been touched by the Fire of God's presence in such a way that she could not stand in His Presence several times- where she literally fell down in God's holy presence and after that, felt even more closer and awakened to the Lord and His glory.

Over these years, she has grown spiritually stronger and more rested in God and experienced many wonderful things. Even though she has faced trouble and storms, she has felt the strength and peace of the Lord and experienced a rainbow at the end of each storm.

Indeed, the Lord does wonderful things when we obey His specific instructions!


Silver Rain is a devotional based on true incidents.  I called it Silver Rain because I had a vision of beautiful silver rain falling down.  I saw a musical later with beautiful gentle rain falling down.  Later, I opened the Bible and found the verse Ezekiel 34:26 "I will make them and the places surrounding my hill a blessing. I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing."  There is always blessing in showers of rain.  The Word of God refreshes and replenishes us spiritually.  May Silver Rain replenish and refresh you.  This is my prayer for you.
Rita.



Some of the names of the individuals have been changed to protect their privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment