Search This Blog

Saturday 17 September 2016

Out of Dark Waters - Devotional: Silver Rain. September 17, 2016



I was in the midst of a dark gloomy season when all hell was breaking loose and things were going wrong.  During that time, it was very difficult to even look to the Heavens to pray.

I went into a frantic mode of endless doing and rushing around, sometimes went into a retreat mode where I would slip under my covers and hide under the comfort of a blanket and shut out the world because situations were becoming overwhelming.

One particular night, I felt as if I was drowning in dark waters!  I think I must have cried out to God, I cannot exactly remember what happened, but there was a lot of cry in my soul.

A few nights later, I had a dream.  I had a dream that I was in a place, which was dark and grey-black and full of brownish colored creatures – demons!  In my dream I kept rebuking them and as I did, they would slink away.  Yet after a while, they would come creeping back to invade my home and cause disruption and chaos.

In my dream, I was finally exhausted.  I was tired and I could not rebuke them anymore because they kept coming back.  It was as if the backdoor was open and they found their way back again and again.

Tired, I finally started to sing a song in my dream, weakly in a whisper.  It was an old song I knew from before, but later, I suddenly started singing new words with a new song.  I was making up the words instantly in my dream.   I could hear my voice ringing out powerfully.

Then…something started to happen.   the little demons started to flee!  As they disappeared, they finally were gone.  They did not come back.

I looked around me in wonder.  The sky turned a beautiful blue and the air around me became crystal clear and clean.  In my dream, I could hear my own voice singing and as I awoke, I could still hear echoes of the song resounding.  I got up with an amazing pure washed peaceful feeling as if I had met with the Lord in a special encounter in that dream.

I do feel that Jesus revealed to me the secret warfare of songs of praise that have the power to dissipate demons.  There is a verse, Psalm 149:6 "May the praise of God be in their mouths and a double-edged sword in their hands."

From that day on wards, I found a breakthrough in my situation.  I started to come out of the dark waters and my situation started to change, more importantly something changed within me.

In the next few days, I opened the Bible and the verse fell on my eye very clearly as if the Lord was speaking to me directly, " And He hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD" Psalm 40:3

Amazing things happen when we learn to sing in dark times.  It has the power to rescue us out of dark waters.

It may start as a weak whisper, but will some become a powerful torrent under the Holy Spirit and bring forth miracles and change!



Silver Rain is a devotional based on true incidents.  I called it Silver Rain because I had a vision of beautiful silver rain falling down.  I saw a musical later with beautiful gentle rain falling down.  Later, I opened the Bible and found the verse Ezekiel 34:26 "I will make them and the places surrounding my hill a blessing. I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing."  There is always blessing in showers of rain.  The Word of God refreshes and replenishes us spiritually.  May Silver Rain replenish and refresh you.  This is my prayer for you.
Rita.


Some of the names of the individuals have been changed to protect their privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment