Search This Blog

Thursday 22 September 2016

The Change - Devotional: Silver Rain. September 22, 2016



Della shares with us what transformed her life:  "I would like to share some experiences in my life which have helped me to overcome certain situations and grow in my walk with the Lord over the years.

There was a time that I had a lot of struggle and difficulty with a person I had to closely interact with.  I felt anger rise in me towards her because her understanding about me and expectations about me were so wrong, and whenever I did something with lot of thought,  I always got a response of outright rejection, suspicion, ingratitude etc., and this attitude of hers used to break me.

In that deep human struggle of trying to overcome this pain and hurt, I concluded on a few truths that helped in this situation;  Don’t expect a right response from her any time as she is capable of only doing wrong. In thinking so, I brought my pain level down and I was free in that regard.

 I tried to reduce interactions with her, but it wasn’t possible, because she kept approaching me even more!  The more I tried to run away, the more she made her demands clear that, time spent with her is not enough.  I was in this  struggle of a very demanding "friendship" for at least six years and how I got it off my mind was by thinking,  God sees my heart and He will not condemn me as I’m not doing anything  wrong because she often tried to make me feel guilty.

 I thought I was getting over it all over the years, but of late, I did notice that if any one mentioned to me about her misdeeds, I would gladly add in a mouthful about her to them as I was still deeply hurt!   But I was in trouble again on thinking of this verse, "Love covers a multitude of sins."

On December 24th, I was too troubled and I thought I would not be able to celebrate Christmas, in the true spirit of Christmas..  I cried out to God and He led me to Romans 12:6 which says, we have different gifts according to the grace given to us, verse 8d says, "If it is in  showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully. 14; bless those who persecute you, bless and do not curse. 16, live in harmony with one another Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. 17: do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.18: If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone."

These were breakthrough verses for me and the light of God dawned on my heart to deliver me! When the eternal God inhabits you, where is the limit to forgiveness? I agreed with God on this and He transformed me.

Meditation on the Word of God started to change me!

Today, though she continues to be the same,  I rejoice every time I deal with her now as God has lifted me above those “petty issues”.  It is indeed a powerful victory in my life that I rose above the slush and mud of that murky situation.

Today when I look back ten years ago, when this person was very mean to me, at some point I took it as a challenge to learn about the grace of God and how I can extend grace to someone undeserving , just the way I received it from God, but now when I look back, I know it was all my effort in the flesh.

Today, I have brand new perspective and strength given by the Lord, and now there’s no struggle no matter how I am treated. Praise God!

I have shared this in detail as I believe there are many of us who need to forgive our offenders and soar above our hurts to be experientially  seated with God in the heavenly places. Unforgiveness blocks each of our blessings.
  
I just want to encourage you that when you are brought to the dead end in life, don’t give up. Ask God for strength to leap over it and He will bless you far beyond what you can even imagine or even asked for!

Joel 2:25 "I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten-- the great locust and the young locust, the other locusts and the locust swarm - my great army that I sent among you."

I feel that the Lord is restoring my life in a wonderful new way again, restoring back what the locusts have eaten in my earlier years!  Praise God!"




Silver Rain is a devotional based on true incidents.  I called it Silver Rain because I had a vision of beautiful silver rain falling down.  I saw a musical later with beautiful gentle rain falling down.  Later, I opened the Bible and found the verse Ezekiel 34:26 "I will make them and the places surrounding my hill a blessing. I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing."  There is always blessing in showers of rain.  The Word of God refreshes and replenishes us spiritually.  May Silver Rain replenish and refresh you.  This is my prayer for you.
Rita.


Some of the names of the individuals have been changed to protect their privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment