Search This Blog

Wednesday 28 September 2016

The Silent Rebuke - Devotional: Silver Rain. September 28, 2016






Done:
I was walking down a darkened street in the evening as I was going home.  As I walked along, there was a man standing at the end of the street, leaning against a pole leering at me.  I knew that look.  It was not good.  The times were hard and rapes were on the rise.  I prayed, "Lord, protect me!"

As I kept walked, the man kept lustfully staring at me.  I tried to glare at him, he was not deterred but gaped openly and boldly.

Then I heard a voice deep within me saying, "Take up your spiritual authority."

I asked, "How?""

The answer flashed back, "Rebuke in My name, break the stronghold of lust."

I did not want to speak aloud as I did not want to appear as if I was talking aloud to myself and crazy, afraid that the man would take more advantage of me.  In my heart, I said, "In Jesus name, I bind and break, and bring down the spirit of lust!"

I said it with great conviction, but silently.

The man suddenly looked confused, and looked away.  He continued looking away while I passed him silently and swiftly.
I reached home safely that evening, rejoicing.

We know that spirits and demons cannot read our minds, but they can understand spiritual authority.  When I was rebuking the spirit of lust, the demons saw in the spirit world.  They saw the rebuke in Jesus name, its authority and they had to obey.  The authority of Jesus rose to confront the demons.

Many times, in an evil situation, I have silently rebuked the evil in Jesus name and the air clears up very fast.  The demon causing that evil had to respond to the authority in Jesus name.  When we take our authority in Christ, demons will flee!  This is called breaking down stronghold.  We can break the stronghold of rape in India through prayer.  It is possible, my friends.

Though it is always recommended to rebuke aloud, in certain situations, we cannot.   I do believe that the spirit world receives the silent rebuke of Christ at those times.  I have seen this happen many times.  At the times I can rebuke aloud, yes, I do that too, and that is obeyed of course, just as fast!


Luke 10:17:  The seventy-two returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in your name!”



Silver Rain is a devotional based on true incidents.  I called it Silver Rain because I had a vision of beautiful silver rain falling down.  I saw a musical later with beautiful gentle rain falling down.  Later, I opened the Bible and found the verse Ezekiel 34:26 "I will make them and the places surrounding my hill a blessing. I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing."  There is always blessing in showers of rain.  The Word of God refreshes and replenishes us spiritually.  May Silver Rain replenish and refresh you.  This is my prayer for you.
Rita.

Some of the names of the individuals have been changed to protect their privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment