Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 January 2016

The Fire of God's Love




The ancient Greeks came up with the four different kinds of love:  Eros, storge, agape and philia.
Eros love is a passionate and intense love that arouses romantic feelings.
Storge love is a kind of family and friendship love, which is also a parent-child love.
Phileo love refers to an affectionate, warm platonic love, which constitutes friendships.
Agape love is an unconditional love that sees beyond the outer surface and accepts the person for whom he/she is, regardless of their flaws.  God's love is Agape love, the highest form of love.  Jesus always spoke of Love as the greatest commandment of all in this life.

We cannot love anyone in our own strength with Agape love no matter how hard we try.  We can do good acts and deeds for people without this kind of love overflowing from us.  This Love only comes by abiding in God's presence, the more time we spend with Him, the more He pours out that Love to us.  Romans 5:5 "And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us."

Satan and his demons cannot understand the language of love.  Love is a mystery to the Kingdom of Darkness.  They only understand hate and revenge.  The Cross, the symbol of God's love for the world is a mystery to Lucifer.  Demons can only operate where there is discord so he especially works to create discord between people so he can function better.   To the natural human mind, the Cross symbolizes defeat and weakness, the Cross is the symbol of Agape Love, where Christ gave His life, so humans could have the gift of Eternal Life when they accept His gift of Eternal life.

To live in Love, we need to abide in Christ and ask for this supernatural Love daily, it is not a onetime thing.  We need to clothe ourselves in love and shed abroad so it spills over lavishly to a hurting world.  God will always answer us when we pray for love between ourselves and a difficult person.

Love is the sum of all commandments.  It is a secret way of life, a highway of holiness to live in love is to live in power and victory.  To live in hatred and revenge takes us to the baser and meaner operations of life where demons reside, the slimy, slippery pathways where they reside and gleefully have power and control over us and want to destroy us.

I wish to share a testimony of a Love encounter with God, which I did share earlier in "God is Love."

While I was in Calcutta, in November 1992, one evening I was sitting in my sister's corner room and I picked up a Bible.  I read the Gospels,  I was suddenly struck by the love Jesus had for people, the forgiveness. I then had the most amazing experience I ever had in my entire life.  I felt a power, like supernatural Love wrap me up like a blanket.  I was in the midst of this very powerful force, Love, it was not my love.  It was not human love. I was immersed in this cloud of Love for two weeks. After that I was filled with a love for people I knew was not mine. I felt I was walking in Heaven.  I could forgive people who had harmed me, and that was not natural forgiveness.  I was allowed to experience this wonderful presence of Love, which I believe was the Presence of God with a pure love for people, and such joy that I felt I was in heaven. I call it the cloud because I was wrapped in it as if I was living in another world altogether.

The Love of God is so powerful, more powerful than any force in this world.  God's Love is like a fire, which does not consume.  It is a powerful Life within, burning liquid and molten and supernatural, God's flames of Love burn up the dross and rubble and rubbish and draw out purity, clarity, jewels and wonderful transformation.  As we really seek God, we will have an encounter with this very powerful Love that changes everything, even the destiny of nations.


I John 4:8:  "Whoever does not love does not know God because God is love."

Rita Farhat Kurian


Email Us For Prayer!
You can send E-mail for prayer requests and also urgent prayer and will pass this on to the prayer group in Siliguri of Elder Richard Tamang's so do send in your prayer requests! We will all pray!


Email: ritafarhatkurian@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment