Search This Blog

Saturday 30 January 2016

Rested in the Wind - Poem




One morning I got up and aspired to be a great queen
But soon realized it was a dream; I was chasing the wind
Then I decided to travel the globe by sky and sea

But unlike Marco Polo, I could not navigate as he
I always worked hard to build great relations and friendships
But often I’d find myself hurt and the bitter cup I’d sip
Then I desired to build a lovely house to dwell in peace
But learned my money was on a lease!


Then reaching the end of the road, stripped of all self will
I heard a sweet Voice say “Peace! Be still!”
“From your labor you can now cease and rest
Leave it to Me, I will give you the very best!”
Now in stillness I rest in My Lord’s loving arms,
For in His bosom will never come harm
Be Still! He is God…He can calm the most violent storm
Now, around me encircles deep peace and calm

Be Still and know that I am God
 Psalm 46:10

Rita Farhat Kurian

Email Us For Prayer!
You can send E-mail for prayer requests and also urgent prayer and will pass this on to the prayer group in Siliguri of Elder Richard Tamang's so do send in your prayer requests! We will all pray!


Email: ritafarhatkurian@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment