Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 November 2015

The Power of Love - Poem


Power of Love
We once lived within iron walls
Enclosed without Love
Words like ‘Kindness’, ‘Grace’, ‘Mercy’
Seemed way beyond and far above
We snarled at each other saying
“If you are nice to me
I too will be nice to you
As nice as you will be”
Our goodness always on terms
Of  give and take
And sometimes our good works
We to the world would fake

Then Christ stepped right into our lives
And poured out His love
Through His Spirit from Above
His Love changed our lives
And transformed us each day
Though many times we fell and stumbled
And hurt ourselves along the way
Never once did He turn away

He said, “My child, Abide in me!
I will give you the strength
My love for you will never change
Even when you are sin bent !
No matter what you do,
No matter where you go
My love will follow you
And lead you, like a river that flows”
I will help you
To sit up, stand, overcome and walk
So you can step by step mature and grow

So great is His love towards us
It will never change
His Love was His Great Exchange
On the Cross He won a victory
For our Fall and our Sin
Now, our lives are blessed and rich in Him!


For great is His love towards us, and the faithfulness 

of the Lord endures forever.

Psalm 117:2
  
Rita Farhat Kurian

No comments:

Post a Comment