Search This Blog

Monday 28 March 2016

The House and The Blessing – Testimony – Name Withheld - Proverbs 3:33 ...He blesses the home of the righteous"

Proverbs 3:33 ...He blesses the home of the righteous"



Early Days
I come from a God-fearing Hindu family and I remember a lot of rituals practiced in our home in my early life.  Some of the effects of these rituals brought fear and confusion in my early life.

When I was a little older, I was searching for something more and came to a personal experience of Jesus Christ in my 20s and this was a deep work within which slowly transformed my life, step by step and gave me new thoughts and decisions.  I had inner peace in my life for the first time.  Jesus said, "My peace I give unto you, not as the world."

Soon, sometime later, the Lord in His wondrous way started to touch my family and draw my family unto Him too.  This was a supernatural work and it always amazes me that there was no human hand of intervention in all this.

There is a specific difficult situation that I faced, which I would like to share for the Lord's glory.

The Attempts to Rebuild the House
My dad had a great desire to rebuild the house that we were living in at that time since it was more than 40 years old, and needed a lot of renovation and rebuilding.  Each time he decided to do something towards the house, there will be a death in our near and dear family members and he kept postponing the plan. This predicament went on for more than 10 years. There was always a hurdle in this situation and we feel helpless, our hands tied as if we were unable to proceed with rebuilding the house.  We met with a couple of builders but somehow this venture never progressed.

Finally one day I met an architect who happens to be our friend and when the appointment was fixed and on the day that I had to meet with him, my dad suddenly had a stroke and was almost in a coma and we rushed him to the hospital.  It was a difficult time for us.  Dad was in the hospital for about a mouth. During his stay in the hospital when my dad was almost in coma, I had all kinds of thoughts running in my head about the house plan.  I started to blame myself that just when I was about to meet with the architect, this serious sickness fell on my dad and I was wondering why this was all going so wrong and felt just so lost in this hapless event.  As I was talking to Jesus about all this, I decided to give up the whole idea of rebuilding our house.  Just then, a verse sprung up - God gave me a promise:  "With God we will gain the victory, and He will trample down our enemies" Psalm 60:12.  This promise gave me tremendous hope.

My dad passed away two weeks later.  Me and my mom were left alone, but our Lord stood by us through this trying time.  At that time, we were living in a rented house and we had to vacate that place too.

Then again, the Lord started to bring me back to the place to start rebuilding the house. There were many obstacles along the way, we couldn’t locate the land document, and then when we got a bank loan for construction, the money was not getting transferred and we almost waited for 6 months for the money transfer.

The Old Neem Tree and The Prayer That Changed Everything
We held on to God's promise as we started the building construction.  In this process, we needed to cut down the old neem tree.  The old neem tree used to be worshiped by me and my family in the past as it was considered that a goddess lived in the tree.  Each time, if we even had to trim the tree, we had to offer a sacrifice of a chicken to appease the goddess in the tree as a family ritual.  Also, someone among our relatives would die a sudden death, so we lived in fear of the old neem tree those days.

One evening as the building was getting demolished, a temple priestess was passing by my house and came up to me and said "Goddess Kali (in Tamil, they call her amman, in India known as the goddess of destruction) is living in the neem tree in your house, do not cut the tree!"

I responded to her saying "Jesus is my God!" and she walked away.  I felt confident in the Lord, that nothing bad would strike us if the Lord was with us.

The structure of the house came up and again, there arose a new issue towards the finishing of the house.  The money which we had to get through a sale of property went into litigation and the building came to a halt.  The construction work now stopped for almost 18 months.

I was greatly disappointed and wondering about the Lord's promise.  I then felt led to start to come every second day to the construction place and pray to God, claiming and confessing His promise and then would go back to our rented place.  I used to go from room to room in the unfinished house and go around the house and pray. I kept telling God "You led me into this construction, today I am standing in this helpless place!"

One day as usual I came to the house to pray.  But this time, I was led very strongly to do something different, I went near the neem tree and put my hand on the tree and asked God to forgive me and my ancestors for worshiping this tree and I confessed the name of Jesus  and I left the construction site.  I felt great peace after this, like a great load lifted off my soul.

Then again, after 2 days, I came back to the site and went around to pray and when I came to the backyard, the huge neem tree was dead!  Every single leaf had dried!  I was shocked beyond measure. This tree had stood for generations that even when my dad had cut the tree to the ground level after offering a sacrifice, this tree would grow back again, and today, the tree was dead!

I went back home amazed.  After this incident took place, things started to move quickly.  Our house construction got restarted and money came in and the work progressed. Today, I am living with my family in this God-given house. This house is a house of blessing and many of our dreams and plans are being fulfilled as we walk day by day with the Lord.  Our Lord Jesus fulfilled His promise. "With God, we will gain the victory, and He will trample down our enemies" Psalm 60:12

God's Provisions, Protection, and Victories He Wants Us to Enjoy
My family had opened the door to Satan through idolatry. Because of idolatry, Satan had his stronghold in and around our lives and withheld the blessing that God had for us. But thanks be to God for His deliverance.

Satan does not want people to enjoy God’s blessings. He will do anything to prevent it. But before God, Satan is our defeated foe.

As God’s children, we need to be wise discerning and watchful and pull down these strongholds of black magic and idolatry in prayer. Everything in this Universe belongs to our Almighty God and God wants us to live and experience the victory that Jesus has won on the Cross.  Let us bring every sin that we have committed which we remember and confess them and receive His forgiveness and be free. Let us not give a foothold to the evil one. Let us each day put on the armor of God and withstand the enemy so that Satan will not have the power to destroy our lives or our near dear one's lives and let us stand firm in Christ.

Through the fall of humans because of the entry of sin in the world, people are placed under the curse of the law and family generation curses, black magic, witch craft and other curses can be placed on people easily.  When we come to Jesus in faith, He truly breaks every single imaginable curse that came upon humans through the spiritual fall of the soul and He in fact on the Cross in that moment became that curse for us.  Today, we can take the evil curses over our lives and by a faith exercise, nail them to the cross.

Galatians 3:12-14:  However, the law is not of faith; on the contrary, he who practices them shall live by them." 13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us- for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree "- 14 in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we would receive the promise of the Spirit through faith."

Today, Jesus reigns in Heaven, and He is the power to fight all evil and destroy all curses, black magic and evil and this was proved to me in my own difficult situation, when Jesus broke the family curse and gave us all great victory today.

Name Withheld

_________________________________________________


Email Us For Prayer!
You can send E-mail for prayer requests and also urgent prayer and will pass this on to the prayer group in Siliguri of Elder Richard Tamang's so do send in your prayer requests! We will all pray!


Email: ritafarhatkurian@gmail.com

Only God is the true  converter of a human soul.  No human can convert anyone.  It is God's Spirit to a human's spirit that converts.

No comments:

Post a Comment