Search This Blog

Monday 6 February 2017

A New Beginning - Poem



A New Beginning

I walk on a new road today
The pain, the sting of yesterday is ashes forever
I will never put new wine in old skins again
The effect will ruin the present; to cause more pain
That boxes of ashes I throw it the winds
Where it will be scattered in the wilderness
Never to haunt me again…

Today, the work the Lord is doing is a brand new one
I will not wrestle but be still as it is being done
Fighting against the ocean waves is certainly no fun!
When Lot’s wife looked back, she turned to salt
Just that one glance back was The Big Default

In silence and in wonder I witness your new work
The shadows of the past will then wither and shrink!
The glory of His new work overshadows the past
The memories of pain slowly fade away at last
The Lord does a wonderful new work in my life today
This awesome work will spring forth new beginnings
Great wonders will occur
And my life will be glowing and shining
From deep within...

Isaiah 43:19 Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.


© Rita Farhat Kurian

No comments:

Post a Comment