Search This Blog

Thursday 25 August 2016

The Reflection



Jostling down a market place, I saw many faces,
Some happy, some sad, some slow, all kinds, colors, races,
In the corner of my mind, I started judging some,
I just thought of the silly things they had done,
Then I thought of my neighbors, they were distant and cold
And the people I saw each day were so rude and loud
I did not like some of the things they did
I felt they had troubles brewing below their "lid"

As I kept walking, I suddenly heard a scream,
"Help !!! A Monster ! A Monster !" Cried a girl thin and lean,
Suddenly in horror I saw the crowd looking at me,
For my nose had grown like an elephant's trunk!
All did flee

Then I heard a voice speak deep into my heart,
"Mind your business, don't poke your nose around,
Or your nose will be like the elephant's trunk,
Don't look at other's lives or your own faults will be found
Or your own weaknesses will reflect back to you
Keep your eyes fixed on the mirror of my Word,
My beauty will reflect to you as My Voice is heard"

I cried out
"Oh Lord, I will mind my mind !,
But please take this trunk away,"
Then, with a jolt, I awoke, in relief I realized
 IT WAS A DREAM !!!
Wonderful relief, but lesson learned
I never will again judge
Because I too received mercy
And was forgiven by the Great Judge

Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not perceive the plank in your own eye?

Luke 6:41

Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment