Search This Blog

Friday 3 June 2016

Just A Closer Walk With Thee - Nishat - Testimony


A Walk In The Storm With Rainbows and Sunshine





Nishat (Khan) Mukand

My brother Shazie and me in Canada just days before he died in that car accident:
When my brother Shazie died tragically in a car accident in Canada in 1988, I suddenly was jettisoned to the realization of the fragility of life.  In that I started to seek God more, pray more, read my Bible and then the miracle happened!  I started to experience God in my life in personal ways with the glorious realization that God personally cares for the tiny details in my life that may seem insignificant to others.  He hears, listens, answers and acts!


I learned over the years to depend and talk to the Lord about everything.  In this, I found great joy, unspeakable! and I rest in every storm.  One day, in the late 1990s as I was on my way to Kathmandu, where I would be joining my dear friend, the now late Ms. Parvati who previously worked in Mount Hermon School, Darjeeling, who was the founder of an orphanage in Nepal and was running an orphanage and school in Nepal, established Goodwill School by Fewa Lakeside over a span of many years prior to the Jyoti Niwas Orphanage in Pokhara.  I was a retired teacher, and always prayed to God to show me where to go and whom to help and I had a strong leading to go to Nepal and help her with the children there in Nepal.  As I was waiting at the Katmandu domestic airport, another couple was waiting, and we got talking. They were the Carss and lived in London and were Christians.  We all were on our way to Pokhara, so during our conversation, Tessa Carss, the wife said they were going to meet their youngest daughter Georgina while I myself to meet my very dear friend Parvati.  While seated alongside each other prior to departure for Pokhara; we discovered that we had so many similarities- both believers, both suffered tragedies, I lost my brother, Shazie, in a tragic car crash in 1988 in Canada; Tessa and Richard Carss lost their elder daughter, Zoe, a teenager, tragically to viral fever while on her return to UK from Kathmandu after completing three months of voluntary work as a GAP student there. Thereafter Tessa and Richard Carss had newly established a Trust Fund in memory of Zoe and were keen to help the children of Nepal using those funds.  When Tessa came to know through me about the work that Parvati was doing, she showed a keen interest in meeting her and seeing Goodwill School for herself. She stayed for a short period of three days and two nights at Fish Tail Lodge on Fewa Lake, met Parvati and was pleased with the work, promised to get back to her after meeting her husband on her return to UK. Hence through this divine intervention of our meeting they agreed to help Parvati's orphanage financially and since then then blessings continue to flow, initially with the purchase of land for Zoe Hostel and then financial help for Goodwill School in many untold ways which they are involved in even though Parvati was called Home in 2007. TO GOD BE THE GLORY!

Over the years, I have experienced miracles in tiny wonderful ways, healing, and just the presence of the Lord in richness and joy.


Years later, on a very hot sunny sultry Sunday I did not want to go church even though I was dressed for it.  I reasoned with m self. No need to go. I have my own good devotional books and reading material. I can stay here and pray on my own. I knelt down and prayed about it for a minute and got a reply so clear. "Go to the temple of the Living God and worship Me there." I realized immediately that it was from God since I had never used the Word Temple for church in my life nor had I heard anyone else use it . Hence I went and was excited about it. A day or so later I got Rev 3;12 when I opened my Bible at random, which I do frequently and am blessed. I am also deeply blessed from going to the church.  I can testify that against all odds, God's hand of grace and favor has been upon me through the years- have taken water baptism late in life and been touched by the Fire of God's presence in such a way that I could not stand in His Presence several times- an awesome experience where I literally fell down in God's holy presence and after that, felt even more closer and awakened to the Lord and His glory.

Over these years, I have grown spiritually stronger and more rested in God and experienced many wonderful things. Even though I have faced trouble and storms, through this, I have felt the strength and peace of the Lord and experienced a rainbow at the end of each storm.   Indeed, the Lord does miracles when you walk closely with Him!


I would like to share about my mother, Nishat (Khan, maiden name) Mukand (my dad).  My father passed away years ago.  Along with my mom, there are three of us sisters.  My mother in 1988 came to a very close relationship with the Lord after the tragic death of her brother, Shazi in Canada in a car accident.  This made her realize the fragility of life and think about eternity.  From then on, my mother literally has a deep walk of faith with the Lord.  Today, at 80 years old, she lives alone in Siliguri, but God has blessed and crowned her with good health, strength and an ability to trust God at every turn of the road, waiting upon Him for every situation of her life.  She even travels to visit us and other friends!  I believe her strength, bravery, and kindness is from a deep walk with God.  She is always interceding, praying for others, and reading her Bible and talking to the Lord.  I have seen miracles and unexpected blessings in her life through the years, and I believe her walk with the Lord even takes her to places and connects her with people very supernaturally.  

Rita Farhat Kurian
__________________________________________
Email Us For Prayer!
You can send E-mail for prayer requests and also urgent prayer and will pass this on to the prayer group in Siliguri of Elder Richard Tamang's so do send in your prayer requests! We will all pray!


Email: ritafarhatkurian@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment