Search This Blog

Sunday 27 September 2015

Peace In The Storms - Testimony

 

Darjeeling, India
Little incidents of how God comforts and gives us peace in difficult or uncomfortable times, just a testimony of His peace beyond our understanding...

I was seventeen years old.  It was a dark moonless night, and I had gone to visit a friend's house, which was right at the top of a mountainous hill in Darjeeling. It was only seven in the evening, but it was pitch black. As I made my own way back to our cottage, which was around two kilometers down the hill, that darkness was engulfing.  The electricity cuts those days in Darjeeling were heavy, especially in the evenings.  Candlelight or lamps were glowing in homes when the power supply was cut off those evenings.

That particular moonless night, I was suddenly gripped with a fear of snakes, very commonly found sliding out of the forested areas.  There were cases where snakes had bitten people in the dark crossing their paths. I was particularly terrified of snakes.  That night, I had a kind of panic attack as I walked down the hill, in the dark.  Then I suddenly called out, "Jesus! Be here, be with me!"  I was not particularly close to God at that time, but the change was instantaneous.  A deep peace enveloped me and a peaceful warmth surrounded me.  The fear flew away.  I reached home, in tremendous peace.  I was amazed that I got such peace and protection with such a short prayer.

One particularly instance when was in my twenties, something happened to me, a thing which I feared would happen.  Something that I will not name as it is not relevant to this time.  When the actual event happened, I thought I would crumble and fall into pieces.  .  Usually, today, as I discover more and more, when we people go through difficult times, we pop a pill to go through any painful or overwhelming situation.  We take a sedative, anxiolytic, or an antidepressant for such situations.  Well, the comfort of medication did not even occur to me then.  That night, I thought I would not sleep.  But I had a verse that kept popping back into my mind.  Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him:  Job 13:15.  I did not even try to bring this verse to my mind, but it seemed to keep on repeating itself to me.  Then, a wonderful thing happened after that.  Throughout that night, I experienced a deep wonderful supernatural peace, I felt the Presence of Jesus just pouring that deep Peace over me and saturating me.  The next morning, I was totally healed and delivered from the pain of that situation.

I would like to add that it is very rare that something we fear actually happens to us, because more often, God protects us from harm if we are in His presence.  Psalm 112: 7 They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the LORD.

Over the years, I have been in different stormy situations, sometimes with people who were aggressive or downright mean, and then again, that supernatural peace has surrounded me.

I do notice, however, that I do not experience this peace if I myself  am not walking on a pathway of doing the right thing.  I guess if I am in my flesh, and do certain wrongs, then that Peace is not experienced, but if I am trying to doing things in obedience, even in a frail way, yes, I do get that supernatural peace in a stormy situation.

Jesus said "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives."  John 14:27.  It is true.  He can give us deep peace, supernatural, and there are no human words to describe that peace.  No drugs, no medications, and no meditation or even transmeditation can give that kind of peace.  The peace you get from Him when you call on Him is transcendent.  It is instantaneous.  It is beyond us.  To receive it all you have to do is call Him with all your heart, and He will answer you. 

Rita Farhat Kurian
________________________________________________________________________


Email Us For Prayer!
You can send E-mail for prayer requests and also urgent prayer and will pass this on to the prayer group in Siliguri of Elder Richard Tamang's so do send in your prayer requests! We will all pray!


Email: ritafarhatkurian@gmail.com




Only God is the true  converter of a human soul.  No human can convert anyone.  It is God's Spirit to a human's spirit that converts.



No comments:

Post a Comment