Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 January 2017

The Song in the Night - Poem



The Song in the Night 
One dark gloomy season
I trudged up a steep hill
With a burden on my back
Dark clouds hung around me
And lightening did crack
A distant thunder growled in the black sky
I started to panic and in fear I did cry

Then a voice pierced my heart
Saying, “You have to do something on your part
Look up and smile, and sing a new song
Keep singing to Me
And your soul will grow strong !”
How difficult it is to sing in such thick heavy gloom
With pain and great struggle
I sang in deep doom
And the darkness did eerily loom
Then slowly I looked up and sang new songs
But still I muttered and murmured,
“Lord ! How long, how long?”

Then slowly as time ticked its way
I saw from the sky, a Heavenly Golden Ray
The gloom slowly began to fade away
Like a dream in the night
In joy, I saw I was encased in Heavenly Light
And my song lifted to the Heavens
In power and might !!!
My darkness turned to light
I found joy and victory
In my darkest night!

Habakkuk 1:2:  How long, O LORD, must I call for help?
Psalm 32: 7:  You are my hiding place;You will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance


© Rita Farhat Kurian

No comments:

Post a Comment