Search This Blog

Thursday 28 July 2016

An Answered Prayer Professor T.K. Noby - Testimony



"When my daughter was 1 years old in 1999, she suddenly got ill very violently, with vomiting, diarrhea and even blood in her stools.  At that time, we were living in Pirumbavoor, Kerala, where I was the professor of the Faith Babtist Bible College.

Stephy was admitted in the ICU, yet her condition did not improve.  She needed a blood transfusion and even after that there was no sign of improvement.  The attending doctor did not indicate that the hospital could not manage her illness, but the assistant doctor took me aside quietly and advised me to take her to a speciality hospital in Cochin, PVS Hospital.  We took her via ambulance.  She was admitted to the NICU and her condidition did not appear to improve there either.  Each day, we waited with fear of bad news, her condidion was so critical.  In the meantime, all over, people were praying fervently for the little baby, the students and President in Faith Babtist Bible College, and the President also put out prayer requests to others.  People all over the world were praying for baby Stephy.  As my wife, Rinku and me would wait outside the NICU with trembling hearts, this song rang through my mind and gave me a certain comfort…I must tell Jesus all of my trials,
I cannot bear these burdens alone;
In my distress He kindly will help me,
He ever loves and cares for His own.
Refrain:
I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus!
I cannot bear my burdens alone;
I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus!
Jesus can help me, Jesus alone….

I felt strengthened as I kept on singing this song quietly.  After 5 days, a ray of hope broke in; baby Stephy started responding to the medicine!  A few more days went by and by the 10th day to our delight, she was out of the NICU and out of danger.

I learned the wonderful presence of Jesus and the powerful answer to prayer during this time.  Praise God!"

Professor T.K. Noby is the dean and professor of Asian Christian Academy in Hosur. We have seen the personal care he gives to each Bible College student, treating each one uniquely and they are sick, he is always there to personally help and assist, which is a rare humility to see these days.  He lives a life of compassion and kindness and this is reflected in his home and family with his wife, Rinku, and son, Stephen, in college, and daughter, Stephy studying in high school (2016).  He also rescues laborer worker's children from child labor and arranges to place them in school as a personal ministry apart from being professor and dean.  He shares this one particular testimony, which touched his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment