Search This Blog

Wednesday 17 February 2016

A Song In The Storm


In the midst of a dark gloomy night, when all hell breaks loose and things go wrong, it is very difficult to even look to the Heavens to pray.  Either we go into a frantic mode of endless doing and rushing around or go in a retreat mode of slinking into a dark corner, some hide under the comfort of a blanket and shut out the world because situations may become too overwhelming.

Whatever we do, there is a little small thing we can do. it may start as a small little whisper, and then shrill into some noise, but we can start, and when we do, it is potent and powerful.

Years ago in 2008, I was perhaps drowning in a dark waters of which I thought would be no return!  I found it even difficult to pray and even open my Bible.  One night I had a dream.  I dreamt I was in a place which was dark and full of slimy creatures, demons.  In my dream I kept rebuking them, and they would slink away, but they kept coming back after some time.  I was finally exhausted in this dream.  Later, in my dream, I finally started to sing a song.  I first sang a song I knew but later, I started singing words of a new song.. which were made instantly.  In my dream, my voice rung out loudly…and then the little demons started to flee!  Suddenly the sky turned a beautiful blue and the air around me became clear and clean and beautiful.  In my dream, I could hear my own voice singing and as I awoke, I could still hear echoes of the song resounding.  I got up with an amazing clean pure feeling as if I had met with the Lord in a special encounter in that dream.

I do feel that Jesus revealed to me the secret warfare of the songs of praise that have the power to dissipate demons.  There is a verse, Psalm 149:6 "May the praise of God be in their mouths and a double-edged sword in their hands."

From that day on wards, I found a breakthrough in my situation and I started to come out of the dark waters and my situation started to change, more importantly something changed within me. 

In the next few days, I opened the Bible and the verse fell on my eye very clearly as if the Lord was speaking to me directly, " And He hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD" Psalm 40:3



Amazing things happen when we learn to sing in dark times, it may start as a weak whisper, but will some become a powerful torrent under the Holy Spirit and bring forth mighty miracles!

Rita Farhat Kurian


No comments:

Post a Comment